I booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean and within less than two weeks after I paid, the price dropped by $800 for the same category. I contacted them to ask for a change in price, shipboard credit, free room upgrade, or credit towards a future cruise.

And I was told no to all of the above. After 2 hours of being on the phone with them, they finally offered me a bottle of wine and cheese.

What a slap in the face. If this is the kind of service that they offer, especially to their Crown & Anchor members, then I will never cruise with them again.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Can you believe we had the same problem but the difference was 3k ?? Within 7 days of booking ?

We booked and paid a deposit as less than 90 days out. Called them looking just to get rooms closer together as these had now become available also and we have small children and we had no luck, we did not even want a discount ?

Sent an email as they do not do call backs ?many phone calls later and still no response ?

We have not even cruised with them yet and the service is more than dissapointing.

Really Suprised they treat their customers with such ignorance.

A lot of effort from a customers perspective with zero care factor on their behalf.

Given your comment being a member is not even a consideration :(

This happens with travel prices. They base price off of demand, fuel price, and other factors.

Everyone know that airline and cruise prices adjust up and down. They don't just drop the price for you because you paid more. It's up to you to decide what to spend. If you buy a watch and the price drops do you go back to the store?

How about airline tickets?

Food? Where does it end?

@Anonymous

When cruises can't fill space the price drops too. But you take the risk of it not being available if you wait.

So you want to take no risk and reap the rewards anyway.

That's not how it works. It doesn't matter if you have been on one of their cruises before.

@Anonymous

Carnival will do this. I booked with them and when the price went down over $100 the following week, I called them and they offered me either an on board credit or a room upgrade.

Royal Caribbean Reviews