2.2
Facilities and Services
Number of Destinations
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

My issue is with the wireless internet package I purchased for my children. Approximately 2 weeks before my cruise I purchased 2 internet packages online.

When I arrived in Galveston I received 2 cards with instructions on how to connect to the WiFi on the ship. This all happened on Monday December 18th. On Tuesday morning I recharge text from my cell phone carrier that I had exceeded $100 on both phones and one phone was suspended due to over usage. I went down to the desk on board to ask if I was on the ship WiFi why I would receive the message.

I spoke to Marcus Johnson and he said the phone has to be in airplane mode. I feel that I incurred these excessive overcharges and suspension charges because the important fact that the phone needed to be in airplane mode is not printed on the 2 cards of instructions I received. Mr Johnson even said the cards are printed in Miami and they just hand them out.

This is a real inconvenience to the guest on your ship. My teenagers already didn’t have a good time because there was VERY little activities for their age and now to be getting charged for a service I thought I already paid for is not good customer service.

Comments

Maybe you should stick to landline phones since this is apparently too difficult for you to understand. Smart phones didn't just come out yesterday.

Well if it’s common sense then I have none because if no one advised me I would have not known either. Am I am pretty technology savvy!!!

Every time you connected a device, there was a warning about putting your phone on airplane mode. Besides that it’s just common sense.

jameshatesroyalcaribbean
to Anonymous #1411704

again it is the responsibility of the seller of goods or services to outline clearly the terms and conditions and instructions on how to properly use those goods or services. there is no assumption that all consumers have the same level of knowledge with goods or services sold. good thing there are legal constructs within contract law that override what some believe should be common sense, oh wait that comment probably came from an anonymous royal caribbean cruises staff member of incompetent illiterate status from Guatemala ! Not surprising.

You have to admire the tenacity of the idiots at royal caribbean cruises, just because they're dumb as dog *** they think everyone else is as well. Not ! Wouldn't you think it was common sense to hire people who had a good grasp of the English language and who didn't make up the terms and conditions as they spoke to each new potential client on the phone ? Well so much for common sense, it appears that RCCL is quite lacking i that department when hiring staff. But then again RCCL has to scrimp and save wherever they can and good staff aren't cheap these days are they ? RCCL had to search high and low to find the *** at the bottom of the barrel who no other decent cruise line would employ. RCCL have big lawsuits to pay for no wonder they cannot afford reliable staff.

To the initial writer (not the anonymous RCCL writer) please don't forget to contact the lovely Rebecca Lobb her details below, see what she fabricates, probably will say it's your fault it was common sense.

Rebecca Lobb

Guest Claims Handler, International Email: claims.intl@rccl.com She is a master of BS and side stepping.I believe that is the main pre-requisite for getting a job with rccl - be a filthy lying cheat, maybe rccl carry out their yearly recruitment drive by visiting potential employees at the local jails !

jameshatesroyalcaribbean

oh you must have thought that royal caribbean cruises actually give a damn about their passengers ! They couldn't care less about what they would regards as a minor issue because it doesn't mean they lose any money, you do.

Hence they don't care at all. Under contract law they must repay you however as the full terms and conditions of the "airplane mode" turning on rule must by law be outlined on the cards that were handed out in Miami regardless of whether or not RCCL printed them or had a third party print them out. The agent who is the printer is not responsible or even the third party wifi internet service provider or owner of the card if there is such an entity. The sole responsibility for having full terms and conditions and rules and guidelines of use of such a service lies completely with royal caribbean cruises.

It does not surprise me that rccl staff member Marcus Johnson tried to fob you off and shake off rccl's responsibilities in this matter for they do this sort of swindling and side stepping all the time.

look up contract law and you will see that they are fully responsible.

good luck and write these fraudsters a good letter.

Try sending it to another shirker of responsibilities at royal caribbean cruises a Ms Rebecca Lobb liar and cheat for royal caribbean cruises at the North Sydney office

Rebecca Lobb

Guest Claims Handler, International

Email: claims.intl@rccl.com She is a master of BS and side stepping. I believe that is the main pre-requisite for getting a job with rccl - be a filthy lying cheat, maybe rccl carry out their yearly recruitment drive by visiting potential employees at the local jails !