2.6
Facilities and Services
Number of Destinations
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

I booked a trip for Venice to Venice Oct 12-'19 and Barcelona to Tampa Nov 3-'19 while on a transpacific Royal Caribbean and gave up a room credit and made the reservation non-refundable. While making another Royal Caribbean reservation for a cruise between the two booked I found that I could get it for significantly less than the ones I had, so I checked the same source and found my transatlantic was 50% of what I had booked for, I spoke to Royals reservations and they told me take it they would not transfer the booking at the price and I then looked at my Venice to Venice and I was able to get the same cruise but in a suite for the same fee.

I brought this to the attention of the Diamond Lounge Concierge while on my latest cruise Miami to Miami Dec 2 '18 who introduced me to the NEXT CRUISE Mgr. who reiterated what the reservation dept. had said. That cruise went very badly the system did not recognize that I was on the next leg a back to back .

I sent a long letter to Michael Bayley, President and was attended to by his assistant Danielle Cardenas who told me that fares are NOT Guaranteed and offered me $50 pp as a credit on the V to V trip...Wow $50, the travel agent gives you that for just booking. I am a Diamond and will be Diamond Plus after the aforenoted trips.

Based on this treatment I am taking my business for my next cruise to MCS who give matched loyalty ratings and perhaps the next trip on Royal may be my LAST

Allan Hill . Crown & Anchor member 5 yrs and 157 cruise nights + the next trip Angry

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service and treatment.

Comments