Royal Caribbean - Breach of Agreement (One sided change in Itinerary)
Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights)
Ship Name: Empress of the Seas
Reservation Number 2098975
We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access to our room. I was amazed to find in our room that supposably was cleaned before our arrival, pair of women underwear in the draw. Later on I have found Avis car rental receipt of another passenger. Obviously, the room was not cleaned. The crew apologized but now I had to wonder how clean the room including the *** myself and my kids are sleeping on.
The following morning, I was amazed to find out that instead of going to Cayman Islands which was our itinerary, we ported in Nassau. What a disappointment for the kids! We certainly did not pay for that. For a person who has been in Nassau, there is not much to do there with the kids. We never left the boat that day. It was SHOCKING to find a letter from the Captain, Mr. Carl, saying that one of the engines broke and we will not be able to go to Cayman Islands. That made me wonder, are we even able to sail overall? Is it safe to sail with three out of four engines? Questions that are still remain unanswered (For now). Moreover, it was insulting to find in the letter that I am offered 10% discount on all onboard spending. Really?! – Royal Caribbean breaks a contract with a customer (me) and offers a compensation that translates to couple hundred of dollars. It was suppose to be a vacation with my kids that we all waited for. If I had known we are going to Nassau, I would have not taken vacation days from work!
The only attraction for the kids on the boat which is the climbing wall, was closed for the whole second day except from 7PM to 8PM. Time which most of the guest are having dinner. When I complained that it does not make sense. I was told it is due to changing the itinerary. Still did not make sense to me.
In addition, I have purchased a data and talk plan from my cell phone carrier (AT&T) to do some work from Cayman Islands. Now, I could not do it and lost the money as well.
What else what wrong:
Condition on the cruise ship is poor – see pictures attached.
o Floor at the bar broke
o Handle of entering the pool deck was broken – I picked it from the floor and brought it to one on the crew members.
o There was an overall feeling that something is broken as we constantly saw crew members all over the place fixing/painting something.
This was supposed to be my summer vacation with the kids and I have planned to take them swim with sharks in the Cayman Island and celebrate my mom’s birthday which I have invited to cruise with us. It turned out to be big disappointment!!!
I am hoping that Royal Caribbean will take extremely seriously the above, and reach out to me with appropriate solutions/compensation.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Facilities and Services|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Quality of Food|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
- Dinning room waiters and room attendants
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "The morally bankrupt *** man who supposedly has no $$, credit maxed out and no $$ for cruises continues to live a life loaded with luxury. Driving around in..."
- "Do not expect a summer vacation on Viking. Don't be misled by the commercials. Read the fine print - Viking is well aware of river levels but do not..."
- "The Journey Begins! My last cruise on Royal Caribbean was approximately 10 years ago. I had the pleasure of sailing on Serenade of the Seas in an Owners Suite...."
- "You don't really have to spend $250 to save $0.25 per gallon of gas. There is always sales at Winn-Dixie that allow the customer, or guest, to save an extra..."
- "Hello all, I already posted my thoughts about Publix's scam many months ago. I have seen people making comments about my thoughts saying "why don't you work for publix and change..."
- "Around a month ago I was overcharged for an item at publix. As this happened to me countless times, as my routine I returned the item, got my full refund..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "Amazon took my money and failed to delivery the items in their listing. The listing clearly showed a 10 count box,(see screen shot), and they sent 1. I contacted Amazon..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."