Royal Caribbean - Breach of Agreement (One sided change in Itinerary)
Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights)
Ship Name: Empress of the Seas
Reservation Number 2098975
We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access to our room. I was amazed to find in our room that supposably was cleaned before our arrival, pair of women underwear in the draw. Later on I have found Avis car rental receipt of another passenger. Obviously, the room was not cleaned. The crew apologized but now I had to wonder how clean the room including the *** myself and my kids are sleeping on.
The following morning, I was amazed to find out that instead of going to Cayman Islands which was our itinerary, we ported in Nassau. What a disappointment for the kids! We certainly did not pay for that. For a person who has been in Nassau, there is not much to do there with the kids. We never left the boat that day. It was SHOCKING to find a letter from the Captain, Mr. Carl, saying that one of the engines broke and we will not be able to go to Cayman Islands. That made me wonder, are we even able to sail overall? Is it safe to sail with three out of four engines? Questions that are still remain unanswered (For now). Moreover, it was insulting to find in the letter that I am offered 10% discount on all onboard spending. Really?! – Royal Caribbean breaks a contract with a customer (me) and offers a compensation that translates to couple hundred of dollars. It was suppose to be a vacation with my kids that we all waited for. If I had known we are going to Nassau, I would have not taken vacation days from work!
The only attraction for the kids on the boat which is the climbing wall, was closed for the whole second day except from 7PM to 8PM. Time which most of the guest are having dinner. When I complained that it does not make sense. I was told it is due to changing the itinerary. Still did not make sense to me.
In addition, I have purchased a data and talk plan from my cell phone carrier (AT&T) to do some work from Cayman Islands. Now, I could not do it and lost the money as well.
What else what wrong:
Condition on the cruise ship is poor – see pictures attached.
o Floor at the bar broke
o Handle of entering the pool deck was broken – I picked it from the floor and brought it to one on the crew members.
o There was an overall feeling that something is broken as we constantly saw crew members all over the place fixing/painting something.
This was supposed to be my summer vacation with the kids and I have planned to take them swim with sharks in the Cayman Island and celebrate my mom’s birthday which I have invited to cruise with us. It turned out to be big disappointment!!!
I am hoping that Royal Caribbean will take extremely seriously the above, and reach out to me with appropriate solutions/compensation.
More Review Details
|Quality of Food|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Facilities and Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Number of Destinations|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Dinning room waiters and room attendants
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "On the last day of my July 21-28 Mediterranean cruise on Navigator of the Seas I purchased a large bag with wheels from one of the shops onboard to accommodate..."
- "The Journey Begins! My last cruise on Royal Caribbean was approximately 10 years ago. I had the pleasure of sailing on Serenade of the Seas in an Owners Suite...."
- "1. We was in a hit and run accident and almost missed the boat. 2.We got rear ended and the car that hit us decided to not pull over, so..."
- "I bought a King Mattress 8 years ago, with a 10 years warranty. I submit my claim on February, after 4 months they came to check my mattress and my..."
- "Terminix are killers of pets like cats and dogs… The employees of that Company are unprofessional they don’t know nothing and they don’t care if there is any animal inside..."
- "You don't really have to spend $250 to save $0.25 per gallon of gas. There is always sales at Winn-Dixie that allow the customer, or guest, to save an extra..."
- "my break time po ba guadalupe branch? akala ko po 24hrs? ang explain ng guard ngayon lang na cut off resume daw ng 12:30Am pero andun nmn ang teller sa..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."