Royal Caribbean - Breach of Agreement (One sided change in Itinerary)
Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights)
Ship Name: Empress of the Seas
Reservation Number 2098975
We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access to our room. I was amazed to find in our room that supposably was cleaned before our arrival, pair of women underwear in the draw. Later on I have found Avis car rental receipt of another passenger. Obviously, the room was not cleaned. The crew apologized but now I had to wonder how clean the room including the *** myself and my kids are sleeping on.
The following morning, I was amazed to find out that instead of going to Cayman Islands which was our itinerary, we ported in Nassau. What a disappointment for the kids! We certainly did not pay for that. For a person who has been in Nassau, there is not much to do there with the kids. We never left the boat that day. It was SHOCKING to find a letter from the Captain, Mr. Carl, saying that one of the engines broke and we will not be able to go to Cayman Islands. That made me wonder, are we even able to sail overall? Is it safe to sail with three out of four engines? Questions that are still remain unanswered (For now). Moreover, it was insulting to find in the letter that I am offered 10% discount on all onboard spending. Really?! – Royal Caribbean breaks a contract with a customer (me) and offers a compensation that translates to couple hundred of dollars. It was suppose to be a vacation with my kids that we all waited for. If I had known we are going to Nassau, I would have not taken vacation days from work!
The only attraction for the kids on the boat which is the climbing wall, was closed for the whole second day except from 7PM to 8PM. Time which most of the guest are having dinner. When I complained that it does not make sense. I was told it is due to changing the itinerary. Still did not make sense to me.
In addition, I have purchased a data and talk plan from my cell phone carrier (AT&T) to do some work from Cayman Islands. Now, I could not do it and lost the money as well.
What else what wrong:
Condition on the cruise ship is poor – see pictures attached.
o Floor at the bar broke
o Handle of entering the pool deck was broken – I picked it from the floor and brought it to one on the crew members.
o There was an overall feeling that something is broken as we constantly saw crew members all over the place fixing/painting something.
This was supposed to be my summer vacation with the kids and I have planned to take them swim with sharks in the Cayman Island and celebrate my mom’s birthday which I have invited to cruise with us. It turned out to be big disappointment!!!
I am hoping that Royal Caribbean will take extremely seriously the above, and reach out to me with appropriate solutions/compensation.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Quality of Food|
|Number of Destinations|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Facilities and Services|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Dinning room waiters and room attendants
What I disliked
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I've been on over 20 cruises on different lines. This by far is my worst experience. The main complaint is about the quality of the food, preparation and..."
- "Recently took a cruise with 19 other people on Celebrity Cruises.. got to our cabin there was blood on the toilet seat, *** on the shower curtain and human hair..."
- "We were all prepared to go ashore in Victoria, BC, when over the intercom said it will be an hour before docking. The at that time I already could see..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "You don't really have to spend $250 to save $0.25 per gallon of gas. There is always sales at Winn-Dixie that allow the customer, or guest, to save an extra..."
- "Went to the store on flagler and 97th ave, miami fl and bought a black leather sofa in perfect conditions, made my first payment and at the checkout asked the..."
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."